PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES CAREFULLY.
Contact and Electronic Communications
By providing your information on our Site and/or registering to become a member you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding any legal, regulatory, technical, security, privacy, administrative or consumer notification obligation relating to your use of the Site or regarding your membership. We may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and/or services, and to send notices and other disclosures as described above or as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
E.E. Just Society
Information We Collect About You
We collect two types of information from you when you visitor Site or when you become a Member of EE Just: (1) “personally identifiable information” (“PII”) (as defined below) and (2) non-personally identifiable information (“NPII”) (as defined below).
Here are some examples and explanations of the ways in which we may collect, store, transfer, share or otherwise make your PII available to EE Just.
- Participation and Engagement History. When you use our services and/or become a member of EE Just we track your participation and engagement history and in some circumstances make this information available to other members of EE Just or to the general public. ◦Participation history may include information about your committee membership and participation generally in the mission of EE Just. We maintain PII on all of our members that can be accessed through a secure online member directory. Inclusion in this directory is AUTOMATIC unless you OPT OUT in the membership options account settings. Inclusion in this directly means your information may be accessed only by other current EE Just members through a password-protected, members-only area of the Site.
- Survey Data. The gathering of this information may include analysis and sharing of online surveys for which you may choose to participate.
- Contribution and Payment Information. We collect information on the amount of contributions you have made to EE Just and your purchase history from the Site.
- Award and Grant Recipient Data. When you accept an award or grant from EE Just, we track your acceptance and engagement with the award/grant program and with your permission we may make your name, institution, and in some cases, your project topic, available to the general public.
“NPII” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, or interests. Non-personally identifiable information may also mean aggregated, non-identifiable or anonymized information. Non-personally identifiable information does not identify you personally. If you do provide us with non-personally identifiable information, we may use it for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose.
Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect and store your non-personally identifiable information through our services, and how we use such information:
- Log Information. When you use our services or view content provided by EE Just we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This type of information includes details of how you used our service, IP address information described below, web pages which have been viewed by a visitor, data and time, domain type, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware, settings, browser type or version, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your “IP address” is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data, such as the screens and pages of our services that you view. We use this information to deliver our screens and pages to you upon request, to tailor our services to the interests of you and our other visitors, and to measure traffic to and within our services.
- Demographic Information. “Demographic information” may be your gender, age, zip code, and interests. We may collect such information about you through our services and use it to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure that our services and the information on them is targeted to meet your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personally identifiable information.
- Device Information. “Device Information” may include information we collect such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information including phone number. We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account.
- Location Information. When you use EE Just services we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP Address, Global Positioning Systems and other sensors that may provide EE Just with information about nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
How We Use Information
Personally Identifiable Information. If you do provide us with personally identifiable information, we will only use it for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected.
We use personally identifiable information to provide you with services, to develop our membership and to provide members with certain opportunities, for Site troubleshooting and maintenance, to communicate with you about your membership, opportunities and our services, or to conduct marketing and fundraising research. We also use personally identifiable information in our services to:
- help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- allow you access to certain areas of our Site;
- register you as a Member and develop your profile and enable you to take advantage of the personalized features of our Site;
- alert you to special offers, updated information, and our other new services or those of other third-parties;
- forward promotional materials and to fulfill the terms of such promotion;
- complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- target our services to your needs;
- identify you as a poster or provider of content;
- contact you in response to sign up forms such as “Contact Us” or “Order Inquiry”; and allow you to register for meetings, submit abstracts, apply for award and grant programs, and to request additional information.
Reports. We periodically prepare analyses and reports reflecting visitor and member use of the services. In preparing these reports, we may combine and analyze the personal information you provide to us with information from other sources. However, these reports will only include aggregate information about visitors and members. The information in these reports will not identify individuals. Any business partner with whom such reports maybe shared will also not be able to contact you from the information contained in the reports.
Sharing and Disclosure
Personally identifiable information. Primarily, we may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you.
- To offer you products from our affiliates, strategic partners, agents, or from third-party marketers and other unaffiliated parties that we believe may be of interest to you, or to assist such parties for research, administrative, and/or business purposes.
These parties may contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our services and with other administrative services (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions).
We seek to ensure that such unaffiliated third-parties will not use your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than that for which they are responsible. However, we cannot guarantee that they will not use it for any other purpose.
- To complete your purchase.
If you choose to make a purchase on or through our services, we may ask you for your credit card number, billing address, and other information in connection with completing such purchase, and we may use such information to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third-parties to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
- To comply with law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, including our rights and property and our services, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other visitors.
- To track and analyze on-identifying, aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against fraud and potential fraud.
We may verify the information you provide using our services through third parties. In the course of such verification, we may receive additional personally identifiable information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
Non-personally identifiable information. We may share and disclose your non-personally identifiable information for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose, including, when and where applicable, sharing and disclosing on-personally identifiable information combined with personally identifiable information.
Legal Disclosure. We may disclose information about you and your use of the services if we believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with the law and/or legal process where a formal request has been made (e.g. request from an administrative oversight agency, civil suit, subpoena, court order or judicial or administrative proceeding);
- Protect or defend our rights and/or property or the rights and property of others;
- Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another.
Credit Card Information
Users may be prompted to enter their credit card information, including, for example, when making purchases, renewing membership, or making a donation online. Any credit card information you may provide to us is secured during transmission over the Internet using industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. We use your credit card information only to bill you for the products and services you order from us. We do not share your credit card information with anyone, except as may be necessary to process your transactions or comply with law.
Controlling Your Information
As a convenience to our members, we provide a number of different opportunities to review and change information in your profile and to unsubscribe from our Services. For example, you can go to the website and log into your profile page to make desired changes.
Upon request, we will attempt to delete such information, where technically feasible, after we receive a request from you to delete information. Please be advised that by requesting that your data be removed from our database, you will be unsubscribed from our services.
Please be advised that we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate administrative or technical efforts, risk the privacy of other individuals or would be commercially unreasonable or impracticable.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Opt Out and Opt In
Opt-Out of Communications:
You may choose to not receive promotional email communications from us and can opt-out of:
- receiving other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates regarding new services and products offered on or through our services and any new features or services on our services;
- sharing or disclosing your personally identifiable information with third parties.
You may exercise your opt-out by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box, if such checkbox where such information is collected, or by contacting us. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until your request is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe “link within the text of the applicable email.
Opt-Out of Third Party Mailings
While we make our membership mailing list available to outside groups for educational purposes, including mailings about grant opportunities that could be beneficial to members, educational publications (e.g., medical textbooks, scientific journals), and educational programs or courses, EE Just members who do not wish to have their mailing addresses shared with outside parties in this manner may opt-out by contacting us at Info@eejusthematology.org.
The Site and services are not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather personally identifiable information about visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at Info@eejusthematology.org. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the personal information of a child under13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Cookies and Tracking
Third-Party Links and Websites
Social Media and Community Platforms
How We Protect Your Information
EE Just maintains reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosures, alterations and destruction taking in to account the risk involved in the processing and the nature of PII. Unfortunately, no site, server or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” We therefore cannot guarantee that information about you will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
California Residents Rights
(As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing Info@eejusthematology.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
California Do Not Track Notice
Information Regarding Commercial Electronic Messages (“CEM”) in Canada
Canada’s Anti-Spam Law requires that the Company obtain the express consent of Canadian citizens before sending an electronic message such as an email that contains a promotion about our products. We will ask you for your explicit consent when you provide us with your email address or other personal information through which we intend to encourage your participation in a commercial activity, such as a promotion for our products.
If you explicitly consent to receiving CEM, each communication sent to you will contain an option to unsubscribe to the communications or to revoke your consent to receive CEM. Alternatively, you can contact us at the address or email provided below in the “Contact Us” section to be removed from our mailing lists.
Your Rights and choices
You may have certain rights regarding the personally identifiable information we maintain about you. We offer you certain choices about what personally identifiable information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. You may refrain from submitting information directly to us, although doing so may impact our ability to provide the products, services, and information you request.